CONTECH 2010 TRADE SHOW
International Conference & Exhibition
By Arlene Alon.
November 9, 2010
Israel hosted the CONTECH 2010 on November 8-10 in Tel Aviv, showcasing content programming trends and innovations from some of the world’s best and foremost IT startups dealing in data transfers, mobile phone applications and gadgets, most of which are of great benefit to the gaming industry. Walking from booth to booth, we were amazed by the tremendous brainpower put into the gadgets and software that assure users of compounded sensory experience. Likewise the panel discussions were truly illuminating, as they featured myriad relevant topics. Some sessions were either conducted or summarized in English for the benefit of the English speaking attendees.
By size or number of exhibitors, this trade show paled in comparison with any of the NYC Trade Shows I have attended these past years. It was however a rich ground for “ideas-banking” and networking.
We brought you here a summary of one panel discussion about Social Games:
Social Games Panel Discussion
How to succeed in the market tips
Moderator: Guy Grimland, Hi Tech Reporter – The Marker.
Arik Czerniak, Co Founder & COO – Supersonic Ads, Marketing.
Ohad Barzilay, COO – Mytopia.
Avi Sholel, CEO – Nuviens
Doron Nir, Creative Director, Social Games – Oberon Media.
1. Work with several social networks.
2. Decide if you are going to a niche market.
3. Choose the most successful game from among a group of game software that you developed and then try it on different platforms.
4. Try the most successful game on several social networks.
5. Create a marketing package for a much number of games at a time, five of them per package for example. To illustrate: Consider about $200,000 per game X 5 = US$1M, which means a US$1M Average Cost Marketing per Developer.
6. Very Important: It is most advisable to have on the team at least one person representing your client base. Such strategy markedly increases the product’s marketability. For instance, a game aimed primarily at women should have women in the trial team.
Images by Isaac Alon / IPM
©2010 INTERNATIONAL PRESS & MEDIA, All Rights Reserved Worldwide To All Stories & Images!